Wednesday, November 10, 2010

About Me

A 41 year old husband to a great wife, father to 2 wonderful kids, and a self-confessed running addict.

A break from work in 2008 spurred me to take up running in place of the cycling I did to and from work each day. A former member of the "I only run if I am chasing a ball or being chased by a dog..." brigade, I surprised myself by finding out how liberating, self-gratifying, and fun, running actually is.

Starting off with a regime consisting of 3 repeats of 2 minutes running followed by 3 minutes walking I struggled in my first run, but kept at it, and progressed quickly to 5 minutes running and 1 minute walking, and then 9 minutes running, and so on and so forth until I ran my first ever 5km race in September 2008 clocking just under 30 minutes. I was hooked, and I haven't looked back.

Since then, I have run numerous races up to and including marathon distance (42.2 kms). My main goals now are to get under 3:30 for a Marathon; under 1:40 for a Half Marathon; under 44 for a 10km; and under 21 for a 5km.

This blog will track my progress, the highs, the lows, the training, running thoughts, and reports of races run during the training.

No comments:

Post a Comment