Sunday, June 12, 2011

May 2011 - Marathon May

May turned out to be a great month. I managed several long runs and a couple of long-ish marathon paced runs before tapering before the big race. Total mileage for the month was 186.64kms from 10 runs.

My marathon debut came at the end of the month and I ran a really satisfying race, clocking 3:55:22 and thus achieving my pre-race goal of under 4 hours (click here for the in-depth report).

With the marathon out of the way, I have had to change the name of my blog and new challenges await. My focus now turns to shorter races as I want to improve my personal best times for the 10km (49:22) and 5km (22:32). I have a 10km race coming up on the 19th of June and a 5km race on Canada Day (1st July). I am also planning some trail runs in Gatineau Park, so don't forget to click back here and see what I am up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment