Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 2011 - Building a base

Great start to the year. I am in the process of building up my running base, increasing my mileage little by little before I start adding the speed work and long runs that will come later in my marathon training plan.

Despite the snowy and often down-right freezing conditions I managed a new personal best for mileage in one month with 172.91 km over 17 runs during the month of January 2011.

Hopefully this will continue and I will set a new mileage personal best in February (despite fewer days) as I ramp up the mileage and also compete in my first race of the year, a half marathon at the Winterman race on the 20th February. My goal for the race will not be a personal best time, but a good solid training run at marathon pace (5:20 - 5:25/km) in race conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment